Monday, July 6, 2009

The Initiator

The first blog. The first pay cheque. The first day at college. The first day at school. The first bicycle. The first words. The first steps.

I think I have come a long way in life. Each one of these firsts have a different meaning, a certain barrier to them. But once one crosses these barriers, one thinks "Why was I ever afraid of doing it?". I hope days from now when I reflect back, I can say the same.

Each one of these firsts though have an initiator. The firsts words, steps are obviously helped by mum. The first bicycle, dad. The first day at school, friends. The first day at college, more friends. Then colleagues.

What brings me to blogging then you may ask... Well its my wanderlust! More specifically, the Great Driving Challenge. The competition has finally forced the writer within me to come out and express himself. I really don't know how this journey would pan out eventually, but I do hope that even after the competition is over, whatever maybe the result, I continue blogging.

Hey I even got an excellent web-address! One that I will keep for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment